10-18 Castle Place was first constructed by Blackwood and Jury 1904-1905 and later extended in1907 by Mclaughlin and Harvey builders. The building gains its current name as it is erected on part of the site of the 17th Century Belfast Castle. This is a listed building and recently gained planning approval for a change of use on the upper floors to provide six number apartments. Built as a large drapery emporium of steel construction with a facing of ‘Carraraware’ a composite stone made by Doulton’s of Lameth. The most striking art nouveau façade in Ireland with modelled freize and spandrel panels of swirling pomegranates and foliage all designed by Percy Jury. Original wrought iron balconies are in place designed by William Greer. The front of the building has retained many of its original features. The rear elevation are constructed from brick and some stone that forms part of the circular turret. The roof is finished in natural slate and windows are mixture of sliding sash to the rear and larger fixed windows to the front. Some windows have a curved feature.The building is a category B1 listed building and is afforded statutory protection under the Planning Act (NI)2011.